Friday, March 5, 2010

Weekend Update

Apparently I only ever post on Fridays...

Hamstring
Tweaked my Hamstring last week at practice. Just wasn't warm enough as I took off into a sprint. It got tight I went down. It feels alot better today as I have been taking it easy. I have started to ramp things back up and it feels ok. I haven't done anything super explosive but I've probably got up to 80% and have felt ok. I really just need to focus on getting it warm and keeping it warm, then I think I'll be fine.

Stanford
The Dogs went to the Stanford Open last weekend and played pretty well. We still have to shore up our defense, we did not look strong at times and had several mental lapses. There was an outside shot that we would make the Invite as the third place team since Squids and Ugmo were thinking of not going. But in the end Cal decided to attend so we get to sit and watch and all we have left before sectionals is DUI. Time to get to work.


Kevin and I took a 5 hour energy on Sunday, we coached so well.


Crossfit
Did my first Crossfit oriented work out yesterday.
25 Squats (no weight)
25 Sit ups
25 Push ups
25 Pull ups
50 Squats
50 Sit ups
50 Push ups
50 Pull ups
75 Squats
75 Sit ups
75 Push ups
75 Pull ups

Do the entire circuit and time yourself.

I was reading the post and the shortest time I saw was 23 minutes or so. I was at 30 mins and I could only get through half of the pull ups and push ups on the last set. I had to finish off with some chest presses for push ups, and then assisted pull ups with weight counters.

Overall it felt good though. Instead of wondering around looking for my next set I knew what was next and I hustled to it so I could get the best time. I was surprised at how much I was sweating while doing the pull ups. I'm going to try and continue to get these crossfit work outs in between my normal routine. Feels good. Ben I'm winning.

Girlfriend
I'm going to see her this weekend at the Stanford Invite. Her team is going down there to dominate so we'll see how it goes. But we should get some ample time to hang out Saturday night. Which is good because we haven't had tons of time alone together in awhile.

Club
Is turning out to be interesting here in these early stages. Looks like Jam is no more. And Revolver has beefed up even more so. There may not be alot of room for me at the big boy table but I will give it my all and make it a tough decision to not have me on the team. If I don't make it then we'll see where I go. SD team, Rev B, or coed (hopefully not). Either way these next few weeks are really going to motivate me to get into great shape and really try to do well at the upcoming tryouts. I love tryouts so much anticipation and angst. Bring it!

Work
Sucks


Lei-Out

Sick video Zip made. I'm not gonna say anything but my lay out at 2:00 is sweet. Plus its like the only one I ever got. Then theres the high release backhand at like 2:45 I think. Felt so good. Props again to Zip. http://vimeo.com/9831097






Will

No comments:

Post a Comment