Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weekend Update

Food for thought for the weekend

The New UPA Rankings Are Up!


http://scores.upa.org/scores/#college-open/Rankings


Interesting how the UPA is doing these rankings. They are only ranking teams with at least 5 sanctioned games under there belt. That screws several teams at this points since Vegas was a bust. So obvious teams missing are Florida, Carlton, UBC, Virgina, Oregon, among others. I like the bid allocation presentation. Easy to read and clear, too often we never knew exactly how many bids we were going to get. And of course using the current years results are much more beneficial then using previous years results at nationals. Since the last few years the NW teams do well throughout the season but tank at natties. Currently it says the NW will be getting 4 bids, wow that would be nice. We'll see if that changes at all as the series approaches.


Davis is ranked 5th which seems high based off our current results. But if you add those 5 other teams we may drop 5 or 10 spots. Interesting non the less.


Cal vs. Davis

The Davis Dogs are scrimmaging Cal Ugmo this weekend in Berkeley. I believe we are going to be in memorial stadium. Should be fun. Practice last night was all drills no games. So you know the guys have blue balls and are ready to go out there and play as hard as they can. Should be exciting, I'll try to have a solid wrap up after this weekend as well as any pictures. Maybe some video.

Coed Mash up

I have been invited to a coed mixer mash up thing this weekend in Berkeley. On Sunday I'm heading back out to Gilman Fields to play in basically this first crack at putting together a new Bay Area Coed team. I don't really know the talent level in the area when it comes to mixed ultimate so at the very least I'll go out there and have some fun. I'm not really excited to play for a mixed team, but I want to get to nationals this year. And if I can't make a nationals quality open squad (Revolver, Jam, Streetgang) then mixed might be an option.

Crossfit

I have been thinking about starting this Crossfit workout routine. I like that it is mostly movements and short bursts of things, I also like the continued improvement and the competition it instills. It also seems to include alot of coaching both on technique of excercises and nutrition. Both areas I could improve upon and both of which I do not get at 24 hour fitness. There is a gym by my house that I want to jump into but havent found the time to get over there.

www.Crossfit.com

I am also looking to join this gym www.fourthpowerfitness.com

Work

Sucks. Get me out.

That's all I got for now. Weekend time!


No comments:

Post a Comment