Thursday, July 8, 2010

Injuries

I'm six weeks into my broken foot injury and it still sucks. I broke my 5th metatarsal six weeks ago at SB Classic. I wasn't playing when it happened I was actually at the beach and decided to run into the water to push someone in and slipped on a rock. Boom broken.

It was dishartening because I was really getting into a rhythum in ultimate and in life in general. Then I break it and now I can barely get myself a bowl of ceral. I let too much milk go spoiled. :(

The treatment called for 4 weeks in a not weight bearing cast then 4 weeks in a walking boot. If everything looks good after that then it's a slow ramping up of hard contact. Which would put me back at 100%, (if everything goes to plan) around the end of August. That sounds good to me as it should get me back right before the series.

Well I spent the 4 weeks in the cast and crutchs and now I'm at week one of my 4 weeks of a walking cast, 2 of which will be in a hard fiberglass cast. I go back in on the 21st and hopefully they will put me into a soft walking removable boot. Then I can take a shower without that annoying removable boot.

Anyways mentally I'm better now that I can walk. But when I couldn't walk I was constantly annoyed and hating life. I guess anyone who would be in that situation would feel the same. But now since I'm about halfway through my recovery its all down hill. And with my potential new job / move I am in an even better mood, but that is for another post.

Anyways don't break your foot!

1 comment: