Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

That's right it is 2010 (that's 'twenty-ten' not 'two thousand & ten', no one ever said 'One thousand nine hundred and ninety nine' - get it right)

And since I still haven't had a significant amount of posts on this blog, mostly due to blog writers block, I thought this would be a good topic to spark my thoughts and creativity to help that snowball get rolling.

So first off I have never been a big fan of New Years Resolutions mostly because I forget them pretty quick and what is important to you right now may not be important to you tomorrow I also prefer to enact some sort of change in my behavior rather than try to accomplish a specific goal. For example say your resolution is to quit smoking and say you do that by Feb, now you have 10 more months of nothing to accomplish, or I guess you could just work to continue to not smoke but that seems like a stagnant way of going about it. So I prefer more of a New Month Resolutions or Quarterly Resolutions.

But for the sake of actually completing a post with any logical thought free of irrational rambling and nonsense I will post my New Years Resolutions.

Here they are in no particular order...

Move - That's right, move out of Sacramento. I don't like living here, I don't know too many people and I haven't really set out to try and meet many people mostly because I don't want to get too involved in anything and somehow become stuck. I would love to get back down to San Diego, I really enjoyed it there and I feel that I really am the person I want to be when I'm down there. Or at least can become that person. I would settle for the Bay Area but still not ideal.

New Job - I don't necessarily have to be with a different company but I would prefer to have a different set of responsibilities that I enjoy. Right now I'm in sort of a rut when it comes to work and it has become a "Job", in a sense that it is painful to do the work. I want to enjoy what I do and have a clearer direction in where I am going. Right now I don't have either.

Pay off all Debt - I don't think I can get it all paid off but I certainly can get a large chunk out of the way, having it hang over my head as I go about my every day life is a weight that I can literally feel. I'm not in bad shape at all actually compared to many of my peers and maybe I'm just a bit paranoid but I think that is a good thing. So I would like to have my Truck, School Loans, and Credit Cards significantly paid off by this time 2011.

Qualify for Club Nationals - A lofty goal to set this year but if you don't make that your goal you'll never be disappointed when you don't make it. I simply want to be the type of player that can help a team get there and significantly contribute to the success of the team. We'll see what this year holds and what team / division I will be playing in.

Win the Super Bowl in Madden 10 - I'm 5 or 6 seasons in on franchise mode and I've lost the Super Bowl twice in consecutive years and these last two years I went out in the first round and then finished 3-13. I should have a top pick in this years draft so hopefully I can get a big time running back or defensive guy and make a good run this year. This may sound like a lame goal and I could actually probably accomplish it later tonight if I get some time on the XBox, but yeah you gotta have fun.

Catch a Hand block - nuff said

Develop Better Eating and Exercises Habits - Right now I'm some what streaky. I'll have a good streak of working out regularly and eating well, then I'll fall off the wagon and get a bit lazy. Right now I'm in the lazy portion because it is my off season in a sense. But that shouldn't excuse it. I need to get heading in the right direction again.

Read & Write More - I want to read a bit more this year and really get some more books under my belt. I also want to put my thoughts on paper, electronic or actual, more. I think that will help me start to figure out what I want in this world.

So those are some of my goals / resolutions this year so we'll see where that gets me and maybe in a few months I can give an update on how I'm doing on these.

Will

2 comments:

  1. i handblocked moe yesterday at practice and caught it. BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick - I'm glad I can be your motiviation! :)

    ReplyDelete